Processing of any order will only start once we’ve received full payment for the order. Shipping will occur within 12-business-hours from receipt of payment, unless a special order is placed.
A special order is of an item that is not currently in stock, or an item that we don’t usually keep in stock, but will locate and order on behalf of the client. You will receive adequate correspondence via email regarding the progress of your order.
Methods of Shipping
We currently offer only three methods of delivery.
- TNT Ace Express
Your parcel will be sent via TNT Ace Express to any valid street address within Sri Lanka. Please note that do not ship to Post Box addresses. You will receive the item at your doorstep through courier if it is within the courier package permitted weight. Heavy or over sized packages will not be able to be sent by courier, therefore will need to be collected from our store.
Please ensure that your shipping address is correct on your order.
Shipping costs are calculated in relation to the global weight of the items in the parcel, and will depend on the courier rates at the time.
Special arrangements can be made for shipping to countries other than Sri Lanka. Please enquire here.
- Pickup from Store
You are welcome to collect your parcel from our office at No. 90, Stork Place, Colombo 10, during Weekdays from 08:00am - 6:00pm, and collections can be made at any time during these hours. Please call us and check if your order is ready before you visit our office. We don’t charge for delivery if you choose to personally collect your parcel.
If the goods received by you are not what you ordered, you must return the goods to us at your cost within 7 days in original packaging accompanied by a copy of the invoice, and upon receipt of such goods in perfect order, we will issue a voucher for the full amount of the items received, as well as the courier fees paid by you for the return within 28 days. Such returns must be preceded by notification by you via e-mail within 1 (one) day of receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include minute details of the reason for the return, and use appropriate packaging to avoid any damage in transit and return to Hobby Tech. Send your package to No. 90, Stork Place Colombo 10. Sri Lanka. We strongly recommend you use a courier, as Hobby Tech cannot accept liability for lost or damaged items. Proof of sending does not constitute proof of delivery.
We will not be liable to you for any loss of profits, any disappointment, indirect or consequential loss, administrative inconvenience, or damage arising out of any problem in relation to the goods and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than any refund we make under these conditions.
The warranty period for Lithium Polymer and other types of Batteries is 3 days unless otherwise stated
BEC and electronic components are tested for correct polarity and voltage use prior to being replaced.
We replace all faulty items with new products or issue a voucher value equivalent.
Lithium Polymer Warranty Policy
Due to the complexity and delicate nature of Lithium Polymer Batteries, please note the following points prior to making a claim.
Please keep the following in mind before making a claim;
We check all battery pack voltages prior to shipping. It is a simple process and takes us 3 seconds per pack. Doing so assures us that the battery is fit for use, is within the voltage range and has no shorting.
This process does not remove slightly unbalanced packs.
1) You can only make a claim for 'Under voltage' the same day the parcel arrives and prior to the lipoly pack being charged or cycled. 'Under Voltage' means that 1 or more of the cells in you pack has a voltage lower than 3v per cell. After the battery has been cycled or used, no claim for 'under voltage' can be made.
2) We do not replace burnt batteries. All batteries are checked prior to shipping, if a short on the balance connector was to happen, it would happen prior to shipping. Burnt batteries are also impossible to examine, therefore they are not warranted.
3) We do not warrant crash damage, of any kind. If your pack shows signs of an impact or trauma, we will not replace it.
4) Never disassemble your pack. Regardless of your skill level, expertise or qualifications. We will never replace a disassembled or 'inspected' pack.
5) Rapid Capacity Loss. Should your pack fall well short of it's stated capacity, please indicate to us how you achieved capacity claim. We will test packs for charge and discharge values. Should the battery have severe capacity loss, we will test each cell for maximum and minimum voltage charge as well as I/O. This can indicate to us if the pack has been over-discharged. Packs which are over-discharged will not be replaced.
6) Because of the complexity and nature of these batteries, all packs must be returned to our Colombo office. Packs sent to any of our warranty agents, will be rejected.
7) Packs which have a cell voltage difference of less than .245v per cell cannot be replaced. Please balance your packs if your packs appears to be unbalanced.
8) Should you be too concerned about sending the parcel back to us due to safety reasons. We will not warrant the pack. Purchasing any battery from Hobbytech Lanka®, constitutes an agreement to this warranty policy.
Each battery brand has it's own warranty time limit. Our standard Lipoly warranty limit is 3 days, unless otherwise stated in the product listing.
Broken or damaged products
If there is any damage to the parcel you receive, or any product in the parcel is broken or damaged, notify us within 1 (one) day of receipt, at 0777226414. Return the goods to us at your cost within 7 (seven) days in original packaging, and upon receipt of such goods we will replace or issue a voucher for the value and return postage of the items received within 28 days.